Mondrian Wall Art
Skill Level: Beginner
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Three - Sheets: 18”x 12”x 1”
- Colored Duct Tape: white, black, red, blue and yellow
- Design It® Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Black Marker
- Use strips of white tape to completely cover the front and sides of two of the 18×12” sheets, slightly overlapping each strip.
- To create the three dimensional lines use the ruler and black marker to measure and draw out four 2”x18” pieces onto the last sheet. Use the foam cutter or serrated knife to cut the pieces from the sheet. There will be a 4”x18” piece left. Measure and draw out three 4”x4” squares and one 4”x6”rectangle and cut them apart.
- Wrap the four 2”x18” pieces with black duct tape. Wrap two of the 4”x4” squares and the rectangle with red duct tape. Wrap the last 4”x4” square with yellow duct tape. Then, wrap the 4”x6” rectangle with blue duct tape.
- Glue the two white sheets together side by side with the left side 3 ½” higher than the right. Glue the dimensional black lines on first using the image as a guide. Now glue on the colored squares and the rectangle. Place the colored pieces as shown or create your own design.
- Cut strips of black tape in half lengthwise and use them to outline the colored pieces as shown to create the geometric designs on the white. Once you are happy with the black line design you can go back and select squares or rectangles to fill in with color.