Noel Wall Art
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam:
- Sheet: 1” x 12” x 36”
- Wreath: 12”
- Acrylic Paint: White, Red and Orange
- (4) 12”x12” Scrapbook Paper: Music Notes
- (5 Yards) 1” Satin Ribbon: Red
- Faux Cedar Sprigs
- Mini Pinecones
- Small Black Bead
- Straight Pins
- Letter N
- Letter E
- Letter L
- Red Bird Template
- Cut the 36” sheet into three 12” squares. Print letter and bird templates onto cardstock and cut out. Pin the templates to the 12” squares. Following the package instructions, carefully cut out the letters from the foam squares using the StyroCutter® Plus. Do not force the blade through the foam and be sure to keep the blade at a 90 degree angle to the foam square to create straight edges on the letters. Remove the templates from the letters.
- Pin the bird template on a scrap piece of foam and trace with a black marker. Cut out the bird shape with the serrated knife. Use a scrap piece of foam as a sanding block to round the edges of the bird shape.
- Paint the bird red and the beak orange and let dry. Glue the black bead in place for the eye.
- Paint the inside edge of the wreath (the letter “O”) red and let dry. Paint the inside edges of all the letters red and let dry. Paint the front and outside edges of the wreath and all the letter squares white and let dry.
- Glue scrapbook paper to the back of the letter squares. Cut the paper to fit the back of the wreath and glue in place. Glue red satin ribbon to the outside edge of all four letters. Embellish the letters by adding cedar sprigs and pinecones with glue. Glue the bird inside the wreath as shown.