Succulent and Felt XO Monogram
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- (1) 2" x 12" x 18” Sheet - White
- Mini Sedum Succulents
- Assorted Mini Felt Flowers
- Green Foliage Bush with Pink Berries
- White Felt
- Muslin Heart Tags
- Thin Cotton Rope
- Bakers Twine:
- 8" and 10 " Paper Letter Templates (X and O)
- FloraCraft® Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Wire Cutters
- Black Marker
- Straight Pins
1. Hand-draw the 8” X and O templates or find templates online and print them out. Pin the templates to the foam and trace with a marker.
2. Use the foam cutter to cut out the letters. Be sure to keep the blade at a 90-degree angle to the foam to ensure that the edges of the letters are straight and square. Use the scrap pieces of foam as sanding blocks to lightly smooth and round the edges of the letters to remove any marker lines and make it easier to wrap the felt around the letters.
3. Use the 10” templates to cut out the felt. This will give you a large enough felt piece to wrap around the sides of the letters. Lay the felt centered over the letter. Working from opposite sides to keep the felt centered on the letter, begin stretching the felt over the front edge of the letter. Glue the felt around the outside edge of the letter about ½” down from the face. Leave the very edge of the felt loose for now, and you will secure it at the end. Repeat this step to cover the front and back of both letters. Trim the loose edges of the felt from the front and back to meet at the centered on the side of the letter and glue in place.
4. Wrap a 1” band of natural twine around the center of the X and around each side of the O. Wrap a few wraps of the pink twine around the top and bottom of the natural.
5. Glue the felt flowers evenly spaced to the tops of the letters. Glue the sedum to fill in between the flowers. Glue in the foliage to fill in and add texture.
6. Tie the heart tags to lengths of twine and glue to hang from the letters.