Chevron Foam Pumpkins
Skill Level: Beginner
- Make It: Fun® Foam Cutter
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Glue two of the cubes together one on top of the other to create the taller cube pumpkin. Use the foam cutter to cut 4” off the 12” end of the foam sheet to create a flat, square pumpkin shape. Set aside the 4”x12” piece to attach as the stand later.
- Cut lengths of burlap ribbon long enough to reach from the top center of the cube pumpkins to just under the bottom edges. Line each length of ribbon up to the next one so that the chevron pattern flows around the pumpkin. Glue the ribbon in place on the cubes. Cover the flat pumpkin in the same way. Glue lengths of ribbon to cover the top, front and sides of the flat pumpkin.
- Glue the 4”x12” piece of foam to the back of the flat pumpkin for the stand. Glue the 12” edge along the bottom edge to create an “L” shape allowing the pumpkin to stand on its own.
- To create the stems for the cube pumpkins, roll up lengths of burlap garland to your desired thickness. Glue the ends of the rolled up burlap to secure in place. Glue a toothpick into the top of the pumpkin and glue the burlap stems in place on the toothpicks.
- To create the stem for the flat pumpkin, create a twisted loop with the natural burlap and glue in place.
- Make bows and secure with pins to the tops of the cube pumpkins. Cut two short lengths of chevron ribbon to use as leaves for the flat pumpkin. Glue the leaves in place next to the stem.