Bubbling Pumpkin Cauldron
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®
- (2) Sheet 2X12X18"
- Sheet 1x24x36"
- 14" Beveled Wreath
- 12" Extruded Wreath
- (6) 3" Ball - White
- (12) 2.5 " Balls - White
- (36) 1.5" Ball - White
- Spanish Moss
- Large Pumpkin
- Black Spray Paint
- Acrylic Paint - Yellow, Black, & Green (multiple shades recommended)
- Glitter - Green or Clear
- Misc. Halloween Accents
- 16 gauge Stem Wire
- FloraCraft® CustomKut® FōM Cutter
- Wooden Dowels
- Pumpkin Carving Kit
- Hobby Knife with Chisel Blade
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Paint Brushes
- Use the FōM cutter and cut the 1x24x36″ sheet into 10 ” shapes like ghosts, bats, cats, & moon. Paint with acrylic paint and let dry.
- Paint all FōM balls green. Use wooden dowels to stick into the FōM balls to hold while painting. Cover in glitter while the paint is still wet & stick the other end of the wooden dowel in scrap FōM to dry.
- Use spray paint to paint the below black & let dry:
- Pumpkin – Spray the outside
- Extruded Wreath
- Beveled Wreath
- (2) 2x12x36″ Sheets
- When using spray paint, hold the can 12″-14″ away from the FōM when spraying to prevent melting the FōM. Apply several light, even coats to get your desired shade, letting each coat dry before applying the next.
- Use a paper stencil and trace to outline the flames. Use your Hobby Knife to slice along the pencil line & use the flat, chiseled edge to remove just the pumpkin’s skin.
- Take the black 2x12x18″ sheets (2) and place them side-by-side to create the base.
- Using a low-temp glue gun, glue the beveled wreath on the sheets and center. Place the pumpkin on top of the wreath.
- Place the black 12″ Extruded Wreath on top of the pumpkin.
- Use green balls, toothpicks, & hot glue to create the cluster of bubbles.
- Insert a toothpick into each ball, hot glue the other end of the toothpick, & stick into the wreath/other balls. Repeat the step until you reach the desired amount of bubbles. Start with the bigger sizes and attach around the inner of the extruded wreath and build up by attaching balls to other balls.
- The bubbles should cascade in a dome shape to look like it is bubbling over.
- Once all are attached to the wreath, gently place on top of pumpkin and over the stem.
- Fill in any gaps in the bubbles with Misc. Halloween Accents by using the toothpick/hot glue method.
- Cover the base in Spanish Moss.
- Use the wire to pick into your spooky shapes & pick into the FōM base. Use hot glue to secure if needed.
- Once the Halloween season is over, remove the pumpkin and save the bubble top and base for next year!
- Garnish the base with any remaining Misc Halloween Accents.