Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 4” Ball - White
- Fun Fur Yarn - Brown
- 1/5" Buttons - Black
- Sequin Pins – Silver (Optional)
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Plastic Bristled Hair Brush
- Use the Foam Cutter or serrated knife to cut 1/3 of the ball off one side. This will be the front of the owl. Lay the ball cut side down and cut a small section off one side of the ball. This creates a flat spot on the bottom so the owl will sit upright.
- Glue one end of the yarn to the bottom of the ball. Hold the ball with the front facing you. Begin wrapping the yarn around the ball. Turn the ball clockwise as you wrap, keeping the yarn running in the same direction around the ball. As you wrap, be sure not to overlap all the yarn at the center of the ball, as this will create a lump at the center. Instead, overlap the wraps of yarn randomly across the front of the ball. Continue wrapping to cover completely.
- Cut two 1” circles from the tan felt and glue them in place on the front of the owl for eyes. Cut two ¾” yellow felt circles and glue them to the centers of the tan circles. Glue two ½” black buttons to the yellow felt circles. Optional, insert a silver sequin pin into the bottom hole of the button to add some sparkle to the eyes.
- Cut a small, yellow felt triangle and glue it just under the eyes for the beak.
- Cut two brown felt triangles that measure about 1.5” on each side. Fold the triangles and glue along one edge to create two cones. Glue the glued edge of the cones to each side of the head, as shown for the ears.
- Use the hairbrush to lightly “fluff” the Fun Fur strands free. Brush in the same direction as the wraps of yarn to avoid pulling any strands loose.