Bandana Flag Wreath
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- Make It: Fun® Foam Beveled Rings (wreaths):
- ∙ 14" diameter x 2" thick and
- ∙ 10" diameter x 2" thick (that will be trimmed to fit inside larger one)
- Make It: Fun® Foam Cutter
- Bandana print poly-cotton fabric (Shades of Glory Fabrics):
- ∙ 1 yd. red
- ∙ 2/3 yd. blue
- ∙ 1/2 yd. white
- Misc.: Glue gun and glue sticks, ruler, scissors, large paper clip
- Use Foam Cutter to trim just enough foam from inside larger ring for smaller ring to snuggly fit. (This combined unit is now called “wreath”.)
- Instead of cutting fabric, tear off selvage (finished edge) by making a small snip with scissors and tearing it off. Repeat on other selvage edge. Then tear 3″ wide strips of fabric in the following lengths: Red – Three 45″ and seven 24″ lengths; Blue – One 45″ and seven 24″ lenghts; White – Six 24″ lengths
- Set aside all 24″ lengths for now. The 45″ lengths will cover wreath with a flat, first layer. Start with blue 45″ length and hot glue one end to back of wreath. Then wrap around wreath, going through middle and back around. Continue wrapping, slightly overlapping previous wrap without allowing any foam to show, until a fourth of the wreath is covered. Secure fabric end with glue on back.
- Repeat wrapping process with three red 45″ lengths until remaining three fourths of wreath is covered.
- Create dimension by wrapping, tying and knotting, one at a time, seven blue 24″ lengths, around blue-covered area of wreath. Allow strips to overlap on inside and be about an inch apart on outside of wreath. (Note: Keep tails about same length and allow frayed threads to add character to wreath.)
- Similarly wrap, tie and knot seven red and six white 24″ lengths around red-covered area of wreath, alternating colors.
- To hang, make small cut with scissors on top back of wreath, closer to inside edge. Separate curved ends of paper clip 1/2″. Insert shorter end of clip through slit into wreath, allowing end of clip to extend out for hanger loop. Secure with hot glue.