Skill Level: Beginner
- Use the foam cutter or serrated knife to cut all of the cubes in half. The cubes should measure 5” tall x 5” wide x 2.5” thick. For the three taller letters, glue two half blocks stacked one on top of the other. The stacked blocks will measure 10” tall x 5” wide x 2.5” thick.
- Cut three 8” lengths of burlap for the taller letters and four 4” lengths of burlap for the smaller letters. Cut the stitched edges from all of the burlap pieces. Pull few strands of burlap from all four sides of each of piece to fray the edges.
- Choose the letter font you would like to use. Print the letters out to size onto the cardstock. The taller letters should be about 6” tall x 4” wide. The smaller letters should be about 3”x 3”. Be sure to allow a 1” border around each of the letters. This will give you enough room around the edge for stencil painting. Use the craft knife to carefully cut out the letters creating your stencil. Be careful cutting out the centers of the “B” and the “e” as you will need to pin the centers back in place while you paint.
- Lay the burlap pieces onto the cardboard. Line up the stencils onto the burlap and pin the centers of the “B” and “e’s” in place into the cardboard. Use the stencil brush to paint the letters white and let dry. Apply second coat if needed.
- Wrap all the foam blocks, life a present, with Kraft paper or recycled paper bags. Glue the burlap letters to the fronts of the blocks as shown.
- Embellish the gift blocks with ribbon, jute twine and jingle bells.