Blingy Boo Sign
Skill Level: Beginner
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Permanent, Double-Stick Tape
- Black Marker
- Paint Brush
- Paint the dowels black and let dry.
- Cut a 14” circle from the black lace. Lay the 10” foam disc in the center of the lace circle. Wrap the fabric tightly around the foam disc and glue at the back edge to secure. Trim away excess lace from the back of the disc. Cut and glue a 10” lace circle to the back of the disc. Cut a 12” and 8” circle from the print fabric and the black satin fabric and cover the 8” discs the same way.
- Draw the letters (B-O-O) onto the back of the silver diamond wrap using the netting as a guide and cut out. Use permanent, double-stick tape to adhere the letters in place on the discs as shown. Cut two 1” x 26” strips and one 1” x 32” strips of black diamond wrap. Glue the diamond wrap strips around the outside edges of the discs, using the longer strip for the 10” disc. Trim the diamond wrap where the ends meet on the disc, do not overlap.
- Cut three 20” x 6 ½” pieces of satin fabric. Glue a piece of satin around the outside of each cube. Center the satin on the cube and glue in place. Neatly fold the overhanging satin at the top and bottom of the cube and glue in place. Cut three 4 ½” x 4 ½” squares of satin and glue to the top of the cubes to cover the foam. Cut three 4 ¾” x 4 ¾” pieces of diamond wrap and glue to the top of each cube.
- Cut slits in the diamond wrap at the bottom of each disc to insert the dowel. Glue in place to secure. Cut a slit in the top of each cube and insert the dowels into the cubes. Push the dowels a little deeper into the cubes on the smaller discs to vary the heights as shown.
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
P.O. Box 601
Boulder, CO 80306