Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 4.8" x 4.8" x 4.8" - White
- (2) 7.8" x 7.8" x 7.8" - White
- (Note: If the block size is unavailable, you can use a larger block and cut it down, or use a
- couple of layers of sheet foam, stacked to make the size block you need. When it’s sprayed
- you won’t see the layers.)
- Winter Snow
- Textured Finish Spray - White
- Small Winter Stocking Hat and Mittens
- 3" Artificial Carrot
- (5) 1 1/4" Round
- (5) 3/4" Flower-Shaped
- (2) 1" Flower-Shaped
- (2) 12" Branches
- (4-6) Toothpicks
- Serrated Knife
- Old Newspapers
- Large Cardboard Box (For Spraying)
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- One of the two larger Foam Cubes needs to be cut down to approx. A 6″ cube, which will create a size between the other two cubes. Use a ruler and pencil to measure 6″ and draw cutting lines on two adjacent edges. Then use a serrated knife to off excess. Use Foam scraps to sand cut edges to even out if there are any irregular cuts. Now turn Foam and repeat trimming and sanding to make it 6″ long on all sides. (Note: Now, you should have three cubes graduating in size.)
- To round off sharp corners and edges on one block, use a serrated knife to trim each of the four corners vertically. Then trim off each of those eight corners to round the edges more. Turn Foam and repeat to round all edges as evenly as possible. Sand cut edges with Foam scraps.
- In a well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area (inside a cardboard box), spray each cube with one light coat of textured spray. Let dry. Then spray with two more coats. Also, spray twigs with a light dusting to look like snow. Let dry overnight to harden fully.
- Put a hat on the smallest cube to determine where larger flower button eyes go; hot glue. Position the carrot at a downward angle, and insert the large end into the Foam close to the eyes. (Tip: Make a starter hole with a pencil first.) Hot glue.
- Vertically line up and glue two round buttons to the middle-sized cube and three to the largest cube. Then glue smaller flower buttons inside round ones, varying colors.
- To assemble the snowman, angle blocks according to the photo and insert several toothpicks into contact points between each cube. Then, apply hot glue to the area and toothpicks, and reinsert. Hold a couple of minutes to be sure the glue has been set.
- Insert twigs into the sides of the middle cube, hot gluing if needed. Put mittens on the ends of twigs, noticing which way thumbs should go.
- Set a snowman in the display area and sprinkle Winter Snow around the bottom.