Decorative Mesh Poinsettia
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam:
- Disc: 6”x1”
- Balls: (5) 1.5”
- Design It:® Simple Style® 21” Decorative Mesh: Red
- Design It:® Simple Style® 10” Decorative Mesh: Dark Green
- Acrylic Paint: Green
- Glitter: Green
- Floral Pins
- Chenille Stems: Green
- Floral Stem Wire
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Paint Brush
- Paint balls green. While they are still wet, sprinkle with green glitter. The paint will hold the glitter in place as it dries. Set aside to dry.
- Cut a 21” length of red mesh and a 16” length of green mesh. Lay the red mesh on the table with the ends curling up. Lay the green mesh in the center of the red mesh with the ends also curling up. Pull opposite corners of the green mesh to create two points. Pinch the green mesh together at the center and hold in place. Fold in two opposite corners of the red mesh to meet in the center overtop of the green mesh. Pinch the red mesh together at the center with the green mesh and tie together with floral wire. Flip the petal over and bend in half at the center. Insert a pin through the center of the mesh, apply glue to the pin and insert into the side of the foam disc.
- Repeat step 2 to create four more petals. Attach the petals around the disc evenly spaced.
- Cut three more 21” lengths of red mesh. Fold in the opposite corners and gather the mesh at the center the same way you did in step 2, only without the green center. Pin these three petals evenly spaced to the face of the disc, about 1” in from the edge.
- Cut 10” lengths of the green mesh. Gather and bend them in half at the center. Insert a pin through the center and glue in place to the center of the disc.
- Glue the balls onto 3” lengths of chenille stem. Glue the stems into the center of the foam disc.
- Optional: Create a petal out of the green mesh and pin to the outside of the disc to create a leaf.