Elephant Cupcake Topper
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- Make It: Fun® Foam: 3" Ball
- Yellow-orange acrylic paint
- Two 6mm x 9mm purple pony beads
- Cupcake (paper) baking cups: Three blue, two purple and one orange
- 8 1/2" x 11' sheet goldenrod paper
- Black marker or computer and printer
- All purpose glue stick (Elmer's® CraftBond®)
- 8" scissors (X-ACTO®)
- Paint brush
- Old newspapers
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- For head, on newspaper-covered work surface, paint Foam Ball with yellow-orange. Let dry. For eyes, push pony beads, about 1/2″ apart, halfway down on head.
- Use scissors to cut down the side and around bottom of blue cupcake paper to make one curved strip. Along the cut, curved edge, measure and cut 2″ length strip. Roll into cone shape, with pointed end of cone having 1/4″ diameter opening. Overlap and use glue stick to glue short ends. Similarly, cut off bottoms of purple and yellow-orange cupcake papers. Then cut 1 1/2″ length strip from purple and 1 1/4″ from yellow-orange cupcake papers and roll into cone shapes. Refer to photo. For elephant trunk, stack large to small cones and curve to shape trunk. Hot glue together. (Note: Cone ridges do not have to align.)
- For ears, fold purple cupcake paper in half and cut off bottom (half circle). Use glue stick to spot glue together layers. Cut curved strip in half. Trim wider corners of each piece to shape rounded ears. Hot glue smaller, curved edge of each ear to side of head. (Note: Cupcake papers follow curve of head.)
- For hat, cut off bottoms of two blue cupcake papers. Place papers wrong sides together and use light amount glue stick to hold. Trim off and discard 1 1/2″ off length. For scalloped edge of crown, use scissors to cut wavy edge along wider side of curved strip. Bring strip ends around into circle and glue together. Hot glue to top of head.
- Measure and cut a 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ strip goldenrod paper. Use marker to write guest’s name and glue to front of hat. (Note: Instead, you can use computer and printer to write name and cut to size.)
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
460 Polaris Pkwy. Ste. 500
Westerville, OH 43082