Fabric Flower Wall Art
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam:
- Sheet: 1”x12”x36”
- Fabric: Coordinating Colors
- Buttons: Coordinate with Fabric, Grass Green
- Acrylic Paint: Sky Blue and Grass Green
- Yarn: Bright Green
- Make It: Fun® Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Paint Brush
- Measure and cut 20” off one end of the foam sheet using the serrated knife. Cut the remaining 16” foam piece in half lengthwise. You should then have two 6”x16” pieces and one 12”x20” piece.
- Line up the sheets side by side and paint the bottom portions of each piece green and the top of each piece sky blue as shown. Let dry.
- Cut out 2”, 3”, and 4” circles from the coordinating fabric. The circles do not need to be perfect or measured. Mix and match the fabrics to create the blossoms. You can layer two or three fabric circles together to create more texture. Use smaller circles for the tiny blossoms and larger circles for bigger blossoms.
- Glue the layered circles together with just a dot of glue in the center. Glue a button to the center of each circle. You can leave the circle round or you can cut slits in the fabric around the button to create individual flower pedals.
- Position the blossoms onto the foam sheets and firmly press the button center of each circle directly into the foam. As the button is pushed into the foam, the fabric will ruffle and create the flower blossoms. The further you press the button into the foam, the more the petals will ruffle.
- Cut lengths of yarn and glue in place for each of the flower stems. Tear strips of fabric to tie around the foam sections to cover the bottom of the yarn stems.
- Glue a row of assorted green buttons along the bottom of each foam section.