Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun®
- foam Brand Foam Wreath, 14" x 2 1/2" x 2"
- Fifteen 1 1/2" wide by 45" long fabric strips*
- *(In quilt shops, called a "honey bun”. Also available in 2 ½” wide “jelly rolls”, See Step 1 Note)
- Pinking shears OR rotary cutter with pinking blade and cutting mat
- Quart-sized Mason jar
- Silk Gerber daisies, 4 1/2" diameter yellow, 4 1//2” diameter pink and 6" diameter turquoise
- Glue Spots, 3D Popup-medium (Elmer's® CraftBond™)
- Large paperclip
- Note: If using 1 ½” wide strips, follow instructions as written. If using 2 ½” wide strips, simply fold strips in half lengthwise as you wrap around wreath and tie for fuller tails – or use rotary cutter to cut 2 ½” strips lengthwise, cutting half as many. (Note: A few extra strips may be needed to fill in at end.)
- Set aside one 45” long fabric strip for jar tie. Using pinking shears, cut the other fourteen strips into thirds, resulting in three strips of each color/pattern.
- Work with three same color/pattern of strips at a time. Wrap one strip around and knot on outside edge of foam Wreath. Wrap second strip around and knot close to inside edge of wreath. Wrap third and knot on outside edge. With next three same color/pattern fabric strips, continue wrapping and knotting around wreath, alternating knots on inside and outside edges. Repeat to cover wreath with all strips.
- For jar, wrap remaining 45″ length fabric strip around neck of jar and knot. Trim ends with pinking shears. Adjust strips as needed to cover wreath. Decide top of wreath. For hanger, slightly separate ends of paperclip. On top back of wreath, slip short end up into foam so that longer end can be used as hanger.
- Arrange flowers in jar. (If needed, attach glue spot on ends of flowers to hold desired position in bottom of jar. Wrap long fabric strip around jar neck and tie, placing glue spot inside when making knot, to hold. Set jar on shelf next to wreath hung on wall.
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
460 Polaris Pkwy. Ste. 500
Westerville, OH 43082