Faux Pallet Art
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 1”x12”x18” Sheet - White
- FloraCraft® Smooth Finish™
- Acrylic Paint:
- Burlap Flower Embellishment
- Foam Cutter
- Permanent Marker - Black
- Paint Spatula
- Fine Sandpaper
- Measure and mark four 3”x18” pieces from the foam sheet with a pencil. Use the foam cutter to cut the pieces apart.
- Use the foam cutter to cut about 1” to 1.5” off the end of two pieces. Use the foam cutter to slightly round the corners of the pieces. This will give the wall art a more time-worn appearance.
- Use the spatula to apply the Smooth Finish™ to the fronts and sides of the pieces. Follow the package instructions carefully. Apply the finish to the foam pieces unevenly to give a slight texture.
- Paint each of the pieces blues and let dry.
- Dry brush the pieces white for a weathered look. Apply paint to the brush and then wipe off excess paint. Apply a light coat over the blue letting the blue show through.
- Glue the pieces together side by side, staggering the ends.
- Draw out your message with a pencil and then finish with a black marker.
- Glue the burlap flower in place and glue the button in the center.