Faux Spell Books
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Foam:
- Sheet: 1”x 12” x 36”
- Duct Tape: Black, Maroon, Brown and Chrome
- Acrylic Gems: Assorted Colors/Sizes
- Dimensional Fabric Paint: White and Red
- Make It: Fun® Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Use the foam cutter or serrated knife to cut the size books you want to create from the foam sheets. To create thicker books cut two foam pieces the same size and glue them together one on top of the other.
- Cover the books front, back and bindings with the colored duct tape. Cover the edges of the pages with strips of the chrome duct tape.
- To create the look of a cover, cut lengths of tape long enough to go around the entire top edge of the books. Fold the tape onto itself about ¼”. Tape this folded edge along the top edge of the book to look as if the cover of the book is extending past the pages.
- Write the titles of the books using the fabric paints and let dry. Glue jewels along the bindings to embellish.