Felt Tucked Cupcake Ornaments
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 2.5” Ball - White
- Decorative Cupcake Liner
- Felt - White
- Pearl Head Pins - Coordinating Color
- Ribbon - Coordinating Color
- Foam Tools
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Press the foam ball firmly on the table to create a flat spot on one side of the ball. Glue the flat side into the bottom of the cupcake liner. If the liners are thin, glue two or three together, so they are less likely to get wrinkled.
- Cut 2” circles from the felt. You will need about 12 to 15 felt circles for one cupcake. Lay a felt circle on the top of the ball and push the tucking tool into the center of the circle to insert it into the ball. As you push the circle into the ball, it will ruffle to create the look of frosting. Continue tucking felt circles into the foam side by side until the top of the cupcake is completely frosted.
- Press the pearl head pins around the cupcake to look like sprinkles.
- Attach a loop of ribbon to the top of the cupcake with a pin for the hanger. Use low-temp glue to secure.
Tip: These Cupcakes make a great centerpiece & party favors for a party!
- Cut two circles from the adhesive paper or labels and sandwich the tip of a toothpick between each. Glue a bow to each sticker and push them into the top of each cupcake.
- Write guest’s names on the stickers or give them as a pin cushion party favor for each guest.