Filigree Christmas Ornaments
Skill Level: Beginner
- Two: ½ x 12 x 36” White foam Sheet
- 4” foam Balls (makes 2 stands)
- STYROCUTTER ® Plus
- Twinklets Diamond Dust
- 2mm Silver Decorative Wire
- White Tacky Glue
- Paint Brush
- Paint Brush (for applying glue)
- Poster Board
- Small Sequin Pins
- Fishline or Ribbon (to hang ornaments)
- Download the Filigree Christmas Ornaments pattern
- To create the ornaments; enlarge the ornament patterns to the size you would like to use. Trace the patterns onto the poster board and cut out.
- Pin the paper patterns onto the foam sheet and follow the instructions on the STYROCUTTER® plus packaging to carefully cut out the patterns.
- Brush each of the ornaments with an even layer of tacky glue, and sprinkle with Diamond Dust. For a heavier application pour the Diamond Dust into a container and press the ornaments into it.
- To create the ornament stands; cut the ball in half, brush the top rounded side with glue and sprinkle with Diamond Dust. Cut a piece of wire long enough to push all the way into the stand and bend up into a hook allowing enough room for the ornament to hang freely. (see photo) Hang the ornaments from fishline or ribbon, or simply thread a ribbon through the top of each ornament and hang from the tree or in a window.