Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 3" x 36" Rod - White
- 12" Jute Twine
- 18" Wired Burlap Ribbon - Natural
- (2) 12" x 12" Paper:
- Red Chevron Print
- Blue Micro-Dot Print
- Newspaper or Book Print
- (2) 4" x 6 1/2" Flags with Sticks
- 22" Metallic Spray Stem - Silver
- Foam Cutter
- Floral Shears
- Wire Cutter
- All-Purpose Glue Stick
- 12" Rotary Paper Trimmer
- 12" Self-Healing Cutting Mat
- Circle Cutter
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Measure and use Foam Cutter to cut Foam Rod into three lengths: 12″, 10″ and 8″. Use the remainder of the Rod as “sandpaper” and rub the cut edges of each length to smooth.
- Wrap red chevron paper around 12″ long Rod and mark, allowing for 1/2″ overlap. Use a paper trimmer to cut paper. Use a circle cutter on the cutting mat to cut two 3″ circles from other sheet of red chevron paper.
- Similarly, cut blue micro-dot paper for 10″ long Rod and newsprint paper for 8″ long Rod. Also, cut two 3″ diameter circles from each paper type.
- Wrap paper around each Rod and hot glue along the overlap area. (Note: If the paper is stiff, carefully drag it along the edge of the table to curl.) Apply glue stick to Rod ends and attach paper circles.
- Arrange firecrackers in a stack with the longest two on the bottom and shortest on top so that ends are aligned at one end and staggered at the other. Use a glue gun to spot glue to each other to hold in the middle area. Wrap burlap ribbon around the middle, overlapping and gluing on the bottom.
- For firecracker fuse, use Floral Shears to cut three 4″ lengths of Twine. Knot each at one end and hot glue to the center of staggered firecrackers. Trim Twine to 2″ long.
- Position firecrackers as shown in the photo. Cut the stem off silver metallic spray. Use Floral Shears to make a small starter hole in the longest firecracker, close to the top firecracker. Insert spray into the hole and secure with hot glue if needed. Insert one flag into the hole and another up into the spray so that they are staggered in height. Secure with hot glue if needed.