Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- Make It: Fun® Foam Rod, 3" diameter x 36" long
- Foam Cutter
- Design It:® SimpleStyle®
- Jute Twine, 12"
- Wired Burlap Ribbon, natural, 18" length
- Design It:®
- ∙ Floral Shears
- ∙ Wire Cutter
- 12" x 12" paper, two sheets each: Red chevron print, blue micro-dot print, and newspaper or book print
- Two 4" x 6 1/2" flags, 10" tall
- Silver metallic spray stem (with spray approx. 22" long)
- Elmer's® CraftBond® all purpose glue stick
- X-ACTO® tools:
- ∙ 12" rotary paper trimmer
- ∙ 12" x 12" self healing cutting mat
- ∙ circle cutter
- Misc.: Glue gun and glue sticks, ruler or yardstick
- Measure and use Foam Cutter to cut Foam Rod into three lengths: 12″, 10″ and 8″. Use remainder of Rod as “sandpaper” and rub cut edges of each length to smooth.
- Wrap red chevron paper around 12″ long Rod and mark, allowing for 1/2″ overlap. Use paper trimmer to cut paper. Use circle cutter on cutting mat to cut two 3″ circles from other sheet of red chevron paper.
- Similarly, cut blue micro-dot paper for 10″ long Rod and newsprint paper for 8″ long Rod. Also cut two 3″ diameter circles from each paper type.
- Wrap paper around each Rod and hot glue along overlap area. (Note: If paper is stiff, carefully drag it along edge of table to curl.) Apply glue stick to Rod ends and attach paper circles.
- Arrange firecrackers in stack with longest two on bottom and shortest on top, so that ends are aligned at one end and staggered at other. Use glue gun to spot glue to each other to hold in middle area. Wrap burlap ribbon around middle, overlapping and gluing on bottom.
- For firecracker fuse, use Floral Shears to cut three 4″ lengths Twine. Knot each at one end and hot glue to center of staggered ends of firecrackers. Trim Twine to 2″ long.
- Position firecrackers as shown in photo. Cut stem off silver metallic spray. Use Floral Shears to make small starter hole in longest firecracker, close to top firecracker. Insert spray into hole and secure with hot glue if needed. Insert one flag into hole and another up into spray so that they are staggered in height. Secure with hot glue if needed.
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
460 Polaris Pkwy. Ste. 500
Westerville, OH 43082