Skill Level: Beginner
- foam Brand Foam:
- +Cube: 5”
- +Egg: 2 ½”
- +Balls: 1 ¼”, 1 ½”
- Design it:® Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Green Scrapbook Paper
- Black Felt
- Dimensional Fabric Paint - Black
- Green Spray Paint (to coordinate w/ paper)
- Two Large Metal Bolts
- Wiggle Eyes
- Low-temp Glue Gun
- White Tacky Glue
- Cut the egg in half, lengthwise. The narrow end of the egg is the top of the ear; the cut side will face the front. Cut a flat spot off the side of each egg where it will attach to the head on both sides.
- Cut the 1 ½” ball in half. Cut a small wedge off each half ball to create the eyelids. Use your fingers to make a small indent on the inside of the eyelids so that the wiggle eye will fit under the edge when glued in place.
- Push a toothpick into each ear, each eyelid and the 1-¼” ball to use as a handle. Paint all the parts using the green spray paint. Spray at a distance of 12” to 14” away from the STYROFOAM*, using several light coats to get your desired shade. Spraying too heavy of a coat will melt the STYROFOAM*. Let dry.
- Cut four 5” squares of green scrapbook paper and glue one to each side of the cube. The top and bottom of the cube can remain bare.
- Glue the ears, nose, wiggle eyes and eyelids in place, being sure to overlap the eyelids on the wiggle eyes. See photo.
- Use a pencil to make pilot holes on each side of the cube, below the ears, towards the front for the bolts. Insert bolts using low-temp glue to hold in place.
- Cut a 9” x 9” piece of black felt. Glue the felt on top of the cube, centered, leaving the overhanging felt loose. Using your scissors, cut jagged edges to look like hair. Spot glue the overhanging edges here and there to give a ruffled appearance.
- Use the black fabric paint to draw on the mouth and the stitches.
Tip: If construction paper is not available, paint the 5” cube green to coordinate with the ears, nose and eye lids.