Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Foam:
- Three - Sheets, ½”x12”x24”
- Acrylic Paint
- Dimensional Fabric Paint: Optional
- Design It:® Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Low-Temp Glue Gun and glue sticks
- Paint Brushes: wide flat brush and detailing brush
- Paper (for templates)
- Black Marker
- ½” Sequin Pins
- Print and enlarge the templates to size needed. Hint: You can use a photocopier to copy and enlarge templates.
- Pin the templates to the sheets of foam and trace with black marker: one body, two wings, two tail wings and one tail fin.
- Remove the templates and cut out the plane parts using the foam cutter.
- Use the scrap pieces of foam like a sanding block to “sand” the square edges of the foam parts smooth, making it look more authentic.
- Glue the parts together, inserting toothpicks between the parts for a more secure bond.
- Paint desired colors and let dry completely.