Skill Level: Beginner
- Tacky Glue
- Search the internet for a bat wing pattern. Print the pattern to size (the bat wings are about 10” long).
- Trace the bat wings onto the poster board and cut out. Run a bead of tacky glue along the outside edge of the wings and cover with black glitter. Let Dry.
- Glue the narrow end of the 3” egg to the 2” ball to create the bat’s body and head. Press the two pieces together firmly to create a flat spot where they meet. Insert a toothpick between the parts before gluing together for a more secure hold. Paint the foam black and while the paint is still wet sprinkle with glitter. The paint will secure the glitter in place as it dries.
- Use the edge of a ruler to create a small groove into the sides of the bat. Glue the wings into the grooves.
- Fold small pointed ears from squares of duct tape. Glue the ears to the bat’s head. Tie monofilament line around the head of a pin and pin it to the back of the bat to hang.