Halloween Cat and Bat
Skill Level: Beginner
What You'll Need
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam:
- Balls: (2) 8”
- Acrylic Paint: Black
- Craft Foam Sheets: Black, White, Orange and Yellow
- Scrapbook Paper: Orange Polka Dot and Purple Stripe
- Craft Sticks
- Heavy Monofilament Line
- Marker: Black
- Straight Pins
- Bat & Foam Templates
- Cat Tail_Ear Pattern
- Cat Templates
- Make It: Fun® Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Cut a small, flat spot from the bottom of one ball to allow the cat to sit without rolling. Paint both balls black and let dry.
- Print templates on cardstock and cut out. Trace the templates onto the colored foam sheets. Cut the ears, pupils, wings and tail from the black foam sheet. Cut the mouths, fangs and whiskers from the white foam sheet. Cut the eyes from the yellow foam sheet and cut the cat nose from the orange foam sheet.
- Trace the templates cat tail and ears and the bat wings onto the scrapbook paper. Cut the paper parts slightly smaller than the template and glue in place onto the black foam parts.
- Glue craft sticks to the back of the cat tail and the back of each bat wing. Paint the craft sticks black to conceal. Insert the parts in place on the balls.
- Run a bead of glue along the bottom edge of the ears and glue to the top of the head slightly curved. Use a black marker to conceal any excess visible glue. Glue the face pieces in place on the balls. Pin the whiskers on the cat.
- Tie the heavy monofilament line to a pin and glue the pin into the top of the bat to hang.