Halloween Mesh Wreath
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 16" Extruded Wreath - White
- (3) 1.5" Balls - White
- 10” Decorative Mesh - Purple
- (2) Ribbons - Coordinating Colors
- Acrylic Paint - Black
- Glitter - Black
- 1/8” Wiggle Eyes
- Feathers - Black
- 16 Gauge Decorative Wire - Purple
- Cloth Covered Wire - White
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Wire Cutters
- Floral Pins
To Make the bats:
- Paint the balls black. While the paint is still wet, roll the balls in the black glitter. The paint will secure the glitter in place as it dries. Set aside to dry completely.
- Glue the wiggle eyes to the glittered balls—shape pieces of the white wire into fangs. Leave about a ¼” extra wire on each side of the fangs. Bend the ends of the wire in and insert them into the ball just under the eyes. Glue the black feather wings into each side of the bats.
To Make the wreath
- Gather the end of the mesh tightly together and pin it to the back of the wreath. Keep the mesh gathered and wrap it around the wreath to cover it completely. Cut the mesh where you stop and pin the gathered end to the back of the wreath.
- Cut lengths of ribbon to glue around the wreath. Glue the ribbons in alternating bands around the wreath.
- Cut twelve 10” lengths of mesh. Roll each piece into a tube, fold in half and pin them in a cluster to the top of the wreath.
- Cut three lengths of the purple wire and curl them into spirals by wrapping them around a pencil. Straighten out each end and glue one end into the bats. Attach the bats to the wreath by inserting the wire into the wreath. Secure with glue.