Hand-Carved Pine Trees
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® StyroCutter® Plus
- Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Paint Brush
- Print templates on cardstock and cut out. Pin the templates to the foam sheets and trace with black marker.
- Cut out the trees using the foam cutter or serrated knife.
- Following the package instructions, carefully carve ripples in the edges of the tree fronts using the StyroCutter® Plus. This gives a carved wood look to the foam trees. Also, carve ripples into the edges of the trunks.
- Paint the trees green and the trunks medium brown as shown and let dry.
- To give the trees a snow-covered look, lightly brush white paint over the green, letting the green show through. Repeat over tree trunks with dark brown paint to add dimension.
- Glue craft sticks into the bottom of the tree trunks leaving 1” sticking out. Glue the other end into the center of the foam discs to display.