Happy New Year Wreath
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 14" Wreath - White
- Spray Color - Brilliant Silver
- Party Items in Gold, Silver, and Black:
- (12) 8" Long Horns (4 of Each Color)
- (12) 7" Long Blow Snakes (4 of Each Color)
- (5) 4" Short Blow Snakes - Assorted Colors
- (3) Happy New Year Crowns (1 of Each Color)
- 1.5 oz Metallic Strands - Silver
- Old Newspapers
- Large Cardboard Box (For Spraying)
- Glue Gun and Sticks
- Large Paper Clip
- In a well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area (inside cardboard box) spray foam ring with two light coats Brilliant Silver and let dry.
- Remove metallic strands from the package and fluff to mix together. Then divide into four groups. With a glue gun set on low temperature, drizzle a few squiggles of glue onto about a quarter of the top surface of the foam ring. Immediately, set metallic strands into it and scrunch and move strands as needed to cover that area, holding momentarily until set. Similarly, apply glue to the inside and outside of the ring in that same area. Repeat in quarters to finish covering the front, inside, and outside of the ring. (Note: Some strands may hang down and that’s fine.)
- Refer to photo. Think of foam ring as being a clock with a horn centered on each number, mouthpiece to the inside. Then position gold horns at 12:00, 3:00, 6:00, and 9:00. Fill in other clock number positions with alternating black and silver horns. When satisfied with the arrangement, use a glue gun to attach each. (Note: Feel area where you want to glue – Move metallic strands out of the way so that glue will connect with foam.)
- Similarly, position and glue long blow snakes between each horn, with the mouthpiece to the inside and “snake” to the outside.
- Arrange three crowns as signs, toward the top of the wreath, nestling headbands down among horns, and finding contact places to glue to hold.
- To create a hanger loop, separate paper clip about 1/2″. On the back of the foam ring at the top, insert a small end up into foam, glue if needed to hold.