Holiday Gnome Wall Art
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 1” x 12” x 18” Sheet - White
- 2.5” Ball - White
- 1/3 Yds Felt - Grey
- (2) 8.5” x 11” Felt Sheets - Cream
- Bulky Textured Yarn:
- Straight Pins
- ¾” Half Round Eyes - Black
- Poinsettia Blossom - White
- Chenille Stem
- Pompom - Silver
- Card stock
- Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Gnome Head template
- Print Gnome Head template on cardstock and cut out. Pin the template to the foam sheet and cut it out with the serrated knife.
- Position an 8.5” x 11” felt sheet to the bottom of the foam sheet as shown. Trim the felt around the bottom of the foam to fit and glue it in place.
- Wrap a 5” circle of felt around the 2.5” ball. Pull and gather the felt to one side of the ball. Trim excess felt away with scissors and glue in place.
- Glue the eyes centered about 1” down from the top of the felt. Glue the nose just below the eyes.
- Cut 20” lengths of the cream yarn. Tie four lengths together at one end, creating a long tassel. Pin about 24 cream tassels across the face from cheek to cheek, just under the nose. Cut 20” lengths of the grey, silver, and white yarn. Mix yarn and tie four strands together to create more tassels. Pin the tassels evenly spaced among the cream tassels to add texture and contrast to the beard.
- Repeat this step to fill in on each side of the eyes and nose.
- Cut a triangle from the grey felt 30” tall and 22” wide at the base. Fold and glue a 1” hem to the base of the triangle. Wrap the base of the triangle around the top of the head, concealing the top of the yarn tassels and felt edge. Pin the hat in place at the back. Spot glue as you go for a secure hold. Fold the edges together along the top of the hat and glue them to form the tall, cone-shaped hat. Glue pompom to the tip of the hat.
- Twist the chenille stem into a loop and pin it to the back of the head for the hanger. Glue the pin in place for a more secure hold. Pin the poinsettia to the hat to finish.