Independence Day Centerpieces
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- (3) 3" Block - White
- (1) 1”x12”x36” Sheet - White
- (3) Silk Hydrangeas - Blue
- (15) Silk Roses - White
- 1.5" x 3 yards Ribbon - Red and White Striped
- 5/8" x 3 yards Ribbon - Blue
- Acrylic Paints:
- Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Black Marker
- Paint Brushes
- Cardstock Paper
- Straight Pins
- Cut six 13” lengths of the wide red/white ribbon.
- Glue two pieces of ribbon around the sides of each cube to cover. One piece at the top and one at the bottom, slightly overlapping where they meet. The top and bottom will be left bare.
- Pull the hydrangea blossoms from the stems and glue a blossom into the top of each cube. Cut the small roses from the stems and glue four or five roses into each hydrangea blossom.
- Make three small bows using the blue ribbon and glue one to the front of each cube.
- To make the stars: Draw assorted sizes of stars onto cardstock paper and cut them out. Pin the cardstock stars onto the foam sheet and cut them out using the serrated knife. Use the scrap pieces of foam as sanding blocks to sand the edges of the stars smooth. Paint the stars with acrylic paints and let them dry. Pin blue ribbon around the outside edge of three larger stars and use it as the base for the cubes.