Mesh Basket Bows
Skill Level: Beginner
- 6" x 3 yds Decorative Mesh - Black
- 7" x 9" x 12" Lined Willow Basket
- Towel Set or Other Gift Items
- Wire Cutter
- Floral Shears
- Floral Wire
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Use Wire Cutter to cut 8″ length Floral Wire. Use Floral Shears to cut two 1 1/2 yd. lengths Decorative Mesh. Horizontally place one Mesh length on the table. Make bow loops by bringing ends in so one crosses the other just below the middle of the Mesh length. Grasp crossed area and middle of Mesh together and squeeze to gather. Before binding with 8″ length Wire, check to be sure that you’re leaving two approx. 9″ tails. Bind with Wire, tightly wrapping twice and twisting together ends. Trim Wire ends to 1/4″ long. Adjust bow loops and tails as needed.
- Cut two 4″ x 6″ pieces of Mesh to cover the Wire binding. Fold one piece in half lengthwise and again lengthwise, creating a 1″ x 6″ strip—wrap strip around Wire, slightly overlapping and hot gluing at the back, trimming as needed.
- Repeat with other Mesh length: hot glue or wire bows at the end of the basket. Fill a basket with rolled towel set or other gift items.