Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- Make It: Fun®: foam Brand Foam
- Design It:® Foam Cutter
- Two 40mm wiggle eyes
- Spray color: Almond, October Brown, Flat Black and Holiday Red(Design Master® ColorTool®)
- 8" length of 3/16" diameter synthetic clothesline (cord)
- 2 yd. length brown yarn
- 7" purple glittered bow (party store)
- Tacky glue (Elmer's® CraftBond™)
- 8" Scissors (X-ACTO®)
- Transparent tape
- Straight pins
- Large paper clip
- Old newspapers
- Trace Muzzle pattern onto foam block. Use Design It:™ Foam Cutter to cut out. Smooth and round edges by gently pressing cut edges with back of spoon.
- For ears, use Foam Cutter to cut foam Ball in half. To make disk shape, slice 1/3 off rounded side of one half ball. Set aside this scrap to later use for nose. Round edges as in Step 1. Repeat with other half ball. Referring to photo, determine placement of ears and use Foam Cutter to trim off rounded area to fit head. For support, insert two toothpick halves into cut edge, apply glue and attach to head with ears leaning slightly forward. Repeat to attach other ear.
- Glue muzzle to head, extending approximately 1″ below head. Let dry. In a well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, spray head/ears/muzzle with Almond. Let dry.
- Use tape to attach two sheets of copy paper together to make larger sheet paper. With pencil, trace face/hairline pattern on paper and cut out. Referring to photo for positioning, use loops of tape to attach pattern to head in order to mask off area that will stay Almond color. (Note: Use additional paper to also cover ears.) Spray hair area October Brown. Let dry.
- Trace nose pattern onto foam scrap from ear. Use Foam Cutter to carefully cut out. To make nostril indentations, press pencil into area to shape. Spray with Flat Black and let dry.
- Refer to photo to glue eyes and nose. Let dry. For mouth, spray clothesline with several coats Holiday Red. Let dry. Position mouth on face and use pencil to lightly draw mouth line onto foam. Remove mouth and use pencil to press an indentation along line, stopping about 1/4″ from ends. Use point of pencil to press small holes at mouth ends. Apply line of glue in indentation and holes. Carefully set mouth onto glue and use pencil to gently press ends into holes. Let dry.
- Position and glue bow under chin. Let dry. (Note: Insert straight pins through contact points of bow into foam.) For hair tuft, cut 4” off end of yarn. Wrap rest of yarn around hand and use 4” length to tie together wrapped loops at one end. Press hole in top of head with pencil. Apply glue in hole and press tied end of yarn loops into hole. Clip loops on other end.
- Refer to photo to determine angle at which monkey will be displayed. For hanger, on back measure and mark 2″ down from top. Slightly separate curved end of paper clip 1/4″. Insert shorter rounded end up into foam, creating hanger loop with longer end of paper clip. (Hot glue if loose.)
MonkeyMoePatterns face-hairline Click for pattern step 4
MonkeyMoe muzzle Patterns Click for pattern for step 1
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
P.O. Box 601
Boulder, CO 80306
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
460 Polaris Pkwy. Ste. 500
Westerville, OH 43082