Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- (3) 1”x12”x18” Sheets - White
- (13) 1” - White
- (4) 1.5” - White
- (2) 2” - White
- (2) 4” - White
- Burlap Garland:
- Ribbon - Pink Print
- Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Cut one 2” x 12” piece and two 6” x 9” pieces from one of the foam sheets using the foam cutter. Cut one 3”x6” piece for the mini monster.
- Glue the 2”x12” piece to the end of one of the 18” sheets. This is the taller blue monster. Glue the 9” edge of the 6”x9” pieces to the bottom back of the sheets to help the monsters stand up. Glue them centered at one end at a 90-degree angle to the back of the sheet.
- Cut the 4” ball in half. Cut both halves in half again. These are the large monsters’ feet. Glue the feet at the bottom front of the sheets about 2” apart. For the toes, glue one 1.5” ball and three 1” balls to the feet. Glue them across the rounded front of the foot side by side.
- Glue one end of the blue burlap to the back top edge of the taller monster. Wrap the burlap around the sheet, slightly overlapping each wrap as you go, to completely cover the sheet. Drape wraps of burlap over the tops of the feet, exposing the toes. Repeat this step to cover the second monster in pink burlap. Cover the 3”x6” mini monster with blue burlap.
- Cut the 2” balls and 1” ball in half for the eyes. Cut circles of white felt large enough to cover the rounded side of the 2” half balls. Stretch the felt over the half balls and glue the edges to the cut side of the foam ball. Trim away any excess felt. Cut small circles of blue felt and glue in the center of the eyes. Cut small black felt circles for the pupils and glue them in place. Glue the eyes on the sheets about 4” down from the top and about ½” apart, as shown. Repeat this step using the half 1” balls for the mini monster’s eyes. Don’t attach the mini monster eyes yet.
- Cut 2” wide strips of cheesecloth. Glue the end of a strip to the back of the monster and begin wrapping. Wrap the monsters unevenly, allowing some of the burlap to show through as shown. Wrap a thin layer of cheesecloth over the toes to conceal the foam.
- Cut out a mouth shape for each monster from the black felt. Cut out small triangle fangs from the white felt and glue them on the mouths. Gently pull a few cheesecloth wraps away from the face area and tuck the felt mouth behind the cheesecloth. Cut pointed eyelashes from the black felt and glue them above the eyes of the pink monster. Glue the mini monster’s eyes in place.
- Cut a 9” length of pink burlap and a 9” length of ribbon. Lay the ribbon on the burlap and tie the two pieces in a knot. Pull a few strands from the burlap to fray the ends. Glue the bow in place on the pink monster.