Nativity Silhouette Decor
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- (1) 1”x12”x18” Sheet - White
- (1) ½”x 12”x 12” Sheet - White
- Acrylic Paint:
- Glitter - Gold
- Fine Glitter Dust - Iridescent and Gold
- Spray Sealer - Clear
- Craft Sticks
- Foam Cutter
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Serrated Knife
- Sequin Pins
- Monofilament Line
- Nativity Template:
- Cut two 2”x 18” and two 2”x 12” pieces from the 1” foam sheet for the roof and walls. Cut one 4.5”x12” piece from the ½” foam sheet for the base. Lay the roof pieces on the 1” edge angled end to end to create the roof shape. Cut angles in the roof piece ends so that they come together flush at the peak of the roof. The bottom corners of the roof should measure about 24” apart. Glue the roof pieces together. Insert a toothpick between the pieces for added support.
- Lay the two wall pieces under the roof about 4” in from each end. Angle the walls slightly at the bottom. The gap between the walls should be about 10.5” at the bottom. Lay the roof over the tops of the walls and trace the pitch of the roof on each wall. Cut the marked angles in the walls, so they come together flush with the roof. Glue the walls in place. Insert a toothpick between the pieces for added support. Draw a line straight across the bottom of each wall piece, so they stand flat against the table. Cut a ½” x ½” notch out of each inside corner of the walls. This is where you will insert and attach the base.
- Paint the roof and walls gold. While the paint is still wet, sprinkle with gold glitter. The paint will secure the glitter in place as it dries. Once completely dry, spray with a clear sealer to help prevent glitter from flaking off.
- Cut out the paper templates and pin them to the remaining ½” foam sheet. Follow the instructions on the StyroCutter Plus packaging to cut the shapes from the foam. Paint the base and the Joseph, Mary, and Baby Jesus silhouettes white. While the paint is still wet, sprinkle with iridescent glitter.
- Crisscross two craft sticks under the baby silhouette. The foam cutout should nest between the craft sticks, as shown. Glue to secure the craft sticks together. Paint the craft sticks and the star gold. While the paint is still wet, sprinkle the craft sticks with gold glitter. Sprinkle the star with the fine gold glitter. Let dry completely.
- Glue the baby to the craft sticks. Press the craft sticks into the foam at the front of the nativity. Secure in place with glue. Glue the other two silhouettes standing on either side of the baby. Hang the star above the nativity with a monofilament line.