No-Sew Cable Knit Snowman
Skill Level: Beginner
What You'll Need
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam:
- Discs: 10”, 8” and 6”
- Cable Knit Sweater or Fabric: White
- Flannel Plaid Fabric: Red/Black
- Faux Fur Trim: White
- Yarn: White
- Felt: Orange
- Thin Wire: Black
- (2) Black Buttons
- Rolled Batting
- Craft Sticks
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Wire Cutters
- Serrated Knife
- Cut a small flat spot off one side of the 10” disc and the 6” disc. Cut a flat spot off opposite sides of the 8” disc. This will allow the discs to nest together nicely. Cut batting to cover just the fronts of all three discs. Glue in place and trim the excess batting to fit around the edge.
- Cut a 14”, 12” and 10” circle out of the cable knit fabric. Lay the knit circles face down. Center the discs, batting side down, onto the knit circles. Make sure that the cable knit lines run perpendicular to the flat spots on the discs. This will ensure that the cable knit lines up correctly. Wrap the edges of the knit circles up around the discs and glue in place at the back.
- Cut a slit through the cable knit in the center of the flat spot on the 10” disc. Glue a craft stick half way into the disc. Cut a slit into the flat spots on the top and bottom of the 8” disc. Attach the 8” disc to the 10” disc by inserting the craft stick into the 8” disc. Glue to secure. Repeat to attach the 6” disc to the 8” disc.
- Cut 8” off the end of the sweater sleeve for the hat or roll fabric into a tube. Gather the hole and glue to secure. Glue the fur trim around the cut end of the hat and then stuff with batting. Use the yarn to make a pom pom for the top of the hat and glue in place. Glue the hat on the snowman’s head.
- Cut a triangle nose from the orange felt and glue in place along with the button eyes. Cut a length of black wire and bend into a squiggle for the mouth. Poke the ends of the wire through the cable knit to secure in place.
- Cut a 45” long x 5” wide piece of flannel for the scarf. Glue the flannel along the 45” edges to form a long tube. Cut slits in the ends of the flannel tube to create fringe. Tie the scarf around the snowman’s neck.