Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 14" Extruded Wreath - White
- 15/16x11-7/8x35-7/8” Sheet - White
- 1/2 Yard Felt:
- (1) Red
- (1) White
- (1) Blue
- White Glitter
- 1” Ribbon: Coordinating Color for Hanging
- FloraCraft® Foam Cutting and Tucking Tools
- Low-Temp Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
- Paint Brush
- Black Marker
1. Start by marking out your pattern on the wreath form using the black marker. Mark each section with a “B” for blue, “W” for white, and “R” for red. The blue section should be approximately ¼ of the wreath, as shown. The red and white sections are approximately 4” each and alternate around the remainder of the wreath.
2. Cut the felt into 3” squares. These do not have to be perfect squares.
3. Use the “Tuck” tool to push the center of the squares about ½ inch deep into the wreath, following the color pattern you have drawn. Continue tucking in the fabric squares about a ½” apart to completely cover the front and sides of the wreath. The back can remain uncovered to lay flat against the door or wall. Tip: Remove felt from the wreath, add low-temp glue to the hole and re-insert the felt using the “Tuck” tool for a permanent hold.
4. Print and cut out the star template with scissors and attach it to the foam sheet using pins. Using the “Scribe” tool, trace around the template by pressing a guideline into the foam.
Click the link for the star template.
5. Using the “Cut” tool, cut out the star shape from the foam using a sawing motion. Once the star is cut out, use the “Shape” tool for sanding the edges smooth, if necessary. Repeat for three stars.
6. Apply a generous amount of StyroGlue® to each star and completely cover the front and sides using the paintbrush. Before the glue is dry, cover with glitter. Let dry.
7. Insert a toothpick into the wreath, about halfway where you would like the star to be placed. Add a generous amount of low-temp glue to the back of the star and press down onto the other half of the toothpick. Ensure the toothpick does not poke through the front of the star. Hold for approximately 10 seconds for the glue to adhere to the felt. Repeat for each star.
8. Make a loop with the ribbon and attach it to the back of the wreath using low-temp glue and pins to secure.