Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- White FloraCraft® Foam Egg: one each of 4 7/8" x 3 1/2"; 3 13/16" x 2 13/16"; 5 7/8" x 3 7/8"
- Design It:® Foam Cutter
- Flat Black spray paint (Design Master® Color Tool® Spray Color)
- Felt: White, Orange
- Black map pins
- Straight pins
- All purpose glue stick (Elmer's® Craft Bond)
- Quick dry dual tip pen (Elmer's® Craft Bond)
- 5" precision tip scissors (X-ACTO®)
- Old newspapers
- Use Foam Cutter to cut 3″ diameter slice off large end of large egg. Place cut edge on table to see if egg is evenly upright. Trim as needed. Similarly, trim 2 1/2″ diameter slice off medium egg and 2″ diameter slice off small egg.
- In a well ventilated, newspaper covered area, spray eggs with light coat of Flat Black. Let dry. Spray second coat. Let dry.
- Cut out patterns. Pin FOOT patterns onto orange felt and use scissors to cut two per size. Pin FACE/TUMMY patterns onto white felt and cut one per size. For beaks, cut one 1″ square and two 3/4″ squares orange felt.
- Use all purpose glue stick to attach large felt tummy to large egg, aligning bottom edges. For eyes, push map pins into face, keeping features low for a cute look. For beak, diagonally fold 1″ orange felt square in half and attach to face with quick dry pen. Also use quick dry pen to attach feet under egg, extending out beyond edge.
- Repeat to assemble other two Penguins using medium and small size felt pieces. Arrange in a line, largest to smallest to create a Penguin Procession!
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
P.O. Box 601
Boulder, CO 80306
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
460 Polaris Pkwy. Ste. 500
Westerville, OH 43082