Queen of Hearts Wreath
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 10" Extruded Wreath - White
- Spray Color:
- Carnation Red
- Deck of Playing Cards - Red Design
- Pre-Made Bow - Red
- 7/8" x 3 1/2 yds. Ribbon - Red and White Polkadot
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Large Cardboard Box (for Spraying)
- Large Paper Clip
- In a well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area (inside box), spray all sides of the foam ring with two coats of Carnation Red and let dry.
- To cover the foam ring, glue one end of the ribbon to the back of the ring and wrap the ribbon around it. Keep wraps snug, with each wrap just touching the previous one on the inside and leaving about 1/2″ space between the wraps on the outside.
- Sort through the playing cards to find all the hearts. Refer to the photo to make three groups of the numbered cards. For each of the three face cards, select two cards from other suits to be used with the red-designed back showing.
- Arrange groups of cards, somewhat irregularly, as shown, and hot glue them to one another. Then, position the three numbered card sets behind the ribbon-covered ring. Position the three face card sets in front of the ring. Leave space for the bow. Hot glue each set of cards at the contact points with the wreath.
- Glue bow at bottom and fluff.
- For hanger, slightly separate ends of a large paper clip, approx. 1/4″. At the center of the top back of the ring, insert a shorter end of the paper clip into foam, creating a hanger loop with a longer end—hot glue to secure.