Queen of Hearts Wreath
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam:
- 10" diameter, white extruded ring
- Design Master® ColorTool® spray color, Carnation Red
- Deck of playing cards with red print design on back
- Pre-made bow (from red grosgrain ribbon with white stitching) (in gift wrap dept.)
- (Alternative: Make bow from red gift-wrap, curling ribbon and use scissors to curl ends)
- Red with white polka dot ribbon, 7/8" wide x 3 1/2 yrds. long
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Old newspapers
- Large cardboard box (for spraying)
- Large paper clip
- In a well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area (inside box) spray all sides of foam ring with two coats Carnation Red and let dry.
- To cover foam ring, glue one end of ribbon to back of ring and wrap ribbon around it. Keep wraps snug, with each wrap just touching the previous one on the inside, and leaving about 1/2″ space between the wraps on the outside.
- Sort through the playing cards to find all the hearts. Refer to the photo to make three groups of the numbered cards. For each of the three face cards, select two cards from other suits that can be used with the red-designed back showing.
- Arrange groups of cards, somewhat irregularly, as shown and hot glue them to one another. Then, position the three numbered card sets behind the ribbon-covered ring. Position the three face card sets in front of the ring. Leave space for the bow. Hot glue each set of cards at the contact points with the wreath.
- Glue bow at bottom and fluff.
- For hanger, slightly separate ends of large paper clip, approx. 1/4″. At center of top back of ring, insert shorter end of paper clip into foam, creating hanger loop with longer end. Hot glue to secure.