Sequin & Lace Ornament
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Foam:
- Ball: 5”
- Stretchy Sequin Fabric
- Lace Rosette Trim
- Sheer Ribbon
- Pearl Head Pins
- Acrylic Heart Pendant
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Cut a 15.5” x 8.5” piece of the sequin fabric. Glue the 8.5” ends together to form a tube. Slide the ball into the center of the tube (the ball should fit snug).
- Pull the loose ends of the fabric tightly up around the top and bottom of the ball, working out the wrinkles and gluing in place as you go. The ends of overlapping fabric will be covered by the lace.
- Cut single rosettes from the trim and glue one centered at the top and one at the bottom of the ball. Cut lengths of trim and glue in a circle around each of the single rosettes. Glue a second length of trim in a circle around the first circle of trim. This should cover the ends of the fabric and give a clean look.
- Glue 4 lengths of trim evenly spaced around the ball from top to bottom as shown.
- Thread the pendant onto a length of sheer ribbon. Pin the ends of the ribbon to the bottom of the ornament using a pearl head pin.
- Cut another length of ribbon for the hanger. Pin the loop of ribbon to the top of the ornament. Add a dot of glue to the pin before inserting for a secure hold.