Shaggy Chic Ghost
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam:
- Sheet: (2) 1”x 12”x 18”
- (1/4 Yd.) Bleached Muslin
- (1/4 Yd.) Natural Muslin
- Bulky Homespun Yarn: Multi Color Cream/Mocha
- Fringed Yarn: Cream
- Wired Ribbon: Cream/Black Dot
- (2) White Buttons: 1.5”
- (2) 25mm Half Round Eyes: Black
- Heavy Gauge Wire
- Make It: Fun® Foam Tools
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Serrated Knife
- Wire Cutters
- PDF Ghost Template:
- Glue the two sheets together along the 18” sides. Print and cut out the template and pin it to the foam. Use the serrated knife to cut out the shape of the ghost.
- Tear the muslin fabrics into 1” strips. Cut each of the strips into 9” lengths. Cut the fringed and bulky yarns into several 9” lengths as well. You can cut more as you go along.
- Start at the bottom of the ghost. Lay the center of a fabric strip about ½” in from the edge of the foam. Use the tuck tool to tuck the center of the fabric strip into the foam leaving the ends hang free. Continue tucking fabric strips and yarn lengths along the bottom edge of the foam alternating to ensure equal amounts of each. Move up about ½” from this bottom row. Begin tucking in a second row overlapping the first. Repeat this technique to completely cover the front and sides of the ghost.
- Glue the black eyes to the white buttons. Cut two 6” lengths of wire. Bend a small circle into one end of each wire, leaving about a 2” straight end. Glue the circle portions of the wire to the back of each eye. Insert the straight end of the wires into the face of the ghost.
- Make a bow with the ribbon and glue it to the top of the ghost’s head.