Skill Level: Beginner
- Secure the ball into the container with low-temp glue. Push the feather picks into the ball to fill in the top of the container and cover the entire of the foam ball. Push the three sequin picks into the container evenly spaced.
- To create the two larger spiders: Cut a 2” ball in half; each half ball is the body for each spider. Cut a 1.25” ball in half; each half is the head for the spiders. Attach the heads to the bodies with glue. For a more secure hold insert a toothpick between the parts before attaching. To create two smaller spiders, cut a 1.25” ball in half. Cut a 1” ball in half and use each half for the heads. Attach the heads to the bodies with glue.
- Paint all the spider bodies black and set aside to dry. Once dry, paint a small, purple diamond one the back of one of the larger spiders. While the paint is still wet, sprinkle with purple glitter. The wet paint will secure the glitter in place as it dries.
- To create the legs cut four black chenille stems in half. Fold each half stem in half. One half stem is now two legs. Glue the folded end of a half stem into the spiders, just behind the neck, two on each side. The large spider has longer legs. Fold four full chenille stems in half. Attach to the spider in the same way.
- Cut a 1” piece of black chenille stem and fold it in half. Insert stem into the front of the head for pinchers. Repeat for each spider.
- Stretch spider webbing around the container and arrange the spiders crawling around the display.