Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 9" Cone - White
- 12" Square Peel & Stick Glitter Foam Sheets:
- (4) Corks
- Acrylic Paint - Black
- (3) 1.5" 1 1/2" Letters "U-S-A" - BLue
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Old Newspaper
- Remove paper from red glitter foam and wrap around foam Cone aligning with the bottom edge. Use a pencil to mark where foam overlaps and trim the excess with scissors so that foam meets. Use scraps to fill in any uncovered areas.
- At the top of the Cone, use scissors to cut out small V-shaped wedges in foam. Press wedges down remaining tabs down to cover Cone. (Ask an adult to use a glue gun to attach, if needed.)
- Use a pencil to trace the wing pattern on the back of the white foam. Turn over the pattern and trace the second wing. Cut out both with scissors. Cut two 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ strips from red and blue foam. Referring to the photo, attach strips to the wing about 1/4″ apart and trim excess length to fit.
- Ask an adult to use a glue gun to glue the long edge of wings to the sides of the shuttle.
- On newspaper-covered work surfaces, paint corks black. Ask an adult to hot glue small ends of evenly spaced corks on the bottom of the shuttle.
- Vertically peel and stick (or an adult hot glue) letters to the front of the shuttle.
- Optional: Trace flame pattern four times on gold foam and cut out. For display, position flames on the table and set shuttle on top of flames.