Spiral Snowman and Tree
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- (2) 3”x 1” Disc - White
- (2) 2” Ball - White
- 12”x 12” x ½” Sheet - White
- 9” Cone - White
- (2) 6.5ft. Jumbo Chenille Stem: White
- Acrylic Paint - White
- Iridescent Fine Glitter
- (1) 10" Thin Wood Dowel
- (1) 6" Thin Wood Dowel
- Fabric Trim - White/Black Polkadot
- Tiny Black Eyes
- Tiny Pompom - White
- Thin Wire - Black
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Serrated Knife
- Draw a small star shape, about 2.5”, onto the ½” foam sheet. Use the knife to cut out the star shape.
- Roll one 2” ball firmly back and forth on the table to create a barrel shape for the hat. Paint the hat, the 2” ball head, the two discs, the star, and the wood dowels white. Paint them one at a time, and while they are still wet, sprinkle each part with glitter. The paint will secure the glitter in place as it dries.
- Insert the wood dowels into the middle of the discs—glue to secure in place. Glue the star to the top of the 6” dowel and glue the 2” head to the top of the 10” dowel.
- Double the chenille stem and twist it together to create one thick 3 ft. piece of stem. Spiral the stem around the 9” cone to form the shape. Place the chenille spiral over the 10” dowel. Glue the top of the spiral to the top of the dowel under the head. Secure the bottom of the dowel at the back of the disc.
- Cut the second chenille stem in half. Double the chenille stem and twist it together to create one 18” length. Spiral, the stem around the cone as before, to create the shape. Place the chenille spiral over the 6” dowel. Glue in place under the star. Glue the bottom of the spiral to the top back of the disc.
- Cut a piece of fabric trim to glue around the tree’s disc and the neck of the snowman.
- Cut a length of the chenille stem to glue around the base of the hat. Glue the hat in place on top of the head.
- Glue the eyes and the pompom nose in place. Bend a squiggle in a length of wire for the mouth. Bend the ends of the mouth inward toward the face. Insert the ends of the wire into the face and secure with glue.