St. Patrick’s Day Pot
Skill Level: Beginner
- *FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- One - Desert Foam® Dry Floral Foam Mug Plug, 2 5/8" x 3 3/4"
- Design It® Wire cutter
- Clay pot, 4 1/2" tall
- 3 yd. length of 18 gauge clear Green wire (*Fun Wire™, Toner Plastics, Inc.)
- Glitter Paper, 12” x 12”, Light and dark green
- White Spray Paint (*Design Master® Color Tool®)
- Iridescent Paper Shreds
- *Elmer's® Products:
- Thin Medium Glue Spots (CraftBond™)
- Tacky Glue (CraftBond™)
- Circle Cutter (X-Acto®)
- 12" Metal Ruler (X-Acto™)
- Needle nose pliers
In a well-ventilated area, spray clay pot with two light coats white spray paint. Let dry.
- Apply tacky glue to Mug Plug and insert into bottom of clay pot. Apply additional glue to top of Mug Plug and cover with iridescent shreds. Let dry.
- Measure and use needle nose pliers to cut wire into following lengths: 16″, 18″, 20″, 22″ and 24″.
- Use wire cutter to cut 16″ length wire. Referring to photo, use pliers to coil one end of wire into flat spiral. about the size of a nickel. Then by hand, bend wire to make first leaf of shamrock, approximately 1″ diameter and 1″ long. Continue to make two more leaves. Remaining 6” length of wire will become stem. Repeat to make four more shamrocks with graduated length stems. Insert and arrange into Mug Plug in pot.
- Use circle cutter to cut seven – eight 1 1/2″ dark and 3/4″ light glitter paper circles. Referring to photo, use glue dots to attach circles to front of pot and to shamrock stems, layering as desired. Sprinkle any remaining circles on table near pot.
*SOURCES for supplies for the project as shown
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
P.O. Box 601
Boulder, CO 80306
Toner Plastics, Inc.
699 Silver Street
Agawam, MA 01001
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
One Easton Oval
Columbus, OH 43219