Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 3" Ball - White
- (80) 3/8" Grosgrain Ribbon - Black
- (100) 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon - White
- (90) Head Straight Pins - Black
- (100) Head Straight Pins - White
- (5) Head Straight Pins - Pink
- (10) Silver Sequins
- (10) Pink Beads
- Pink Pompom
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Draw and cut out a teardrop template approximately 2” long and 1” wide from the paper.
- To create the black frosting “drips,”; use the template to trace five evenly spaced teardrops from the top half of the ball.
- Roll a piece of black ribbon into a small cylinder, with the center opening about 1/8”.
- Hide the pins by inserting a black pin into the center opening of the cylinder, being sure to pin through the loose end of the ribbon to secure, and pin to the ball.
- Repeat fitting the black ribbon rolls tightly to fill each template section—pin rolls of black ribbon to fill any areas at the top of the ball.
- To fill in with white frosting; fold white ribbon pieces in half, and use white pins to pin thru the loose ends of the ribbon. Pin the loops to the ball, overlapping each slightly to hide the pins, filling in around the ball (leave the bottom third of the ball empty so the cupcake will sit on the liner).
- Thread each pink straight pin alternately with two each of the silver sequins and pink beads, and embellish the top of the cupcake with sequin pins.
- Use two pins to secure the pompom to the top of the cupcake.
- Pin small black felt circle to the bottom of the cupcake to finish if desired.
- Place the cupcake in the cupcake holder and display it!