Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 1”x12”x 36” Sheet - White
- Acrylic Paint - Black
- Glitter - Black
- Option: Overhead Projector and Transparencies (See Tip)
- Low‐Temp Glue Gun
- Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Enlarge the image you choose on paper to the desired size and cut it out. Pin the template to the sheet of foam and trace with a black marker. Cut out the image with the StyroCutter® Plus, Foam Cutter, or serrated knife. For cutting out fine details it may be easier to leave the template pinned to the foam and follow the edge of the paper template creating a straighter line. If using StyroCutter Plus, follow the instructions on the packaging carefully. Do not force the blade; if the blade is bending you are pushing too hard. Let the blade melt through the foam. Use scraps of foam as sanding blocks to smooth edges.
- Paint the silhouettes with black acrylic paint. Before the paint dries, sprinkle with black glitter. Let dry completely before hanging on your wall.
Tip: An overhead projector can eliminate the need to cut out paper templates. Simply transfer the image you choose onto the transparency film, project the image directly onto the sheet of foam and trace the image onto the foam with a black marker.