Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- (2) 2" x 12" x 36” Sheets - White
- Spray Paints: Textured-Stone Finishes
- Spray Paints:
- Indoor/Outdoor Spray Paint - Matte Finish Sealer
- Acrylic Paint - Black
- 2” Wood Letters or Puffy Letter Stickers
- Option: Handwritten Lettering
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Styro Cutter® Plus
- Foam Cutter
- Black Marker
- Unsharpened Pencil and Sharpener
- Wood Picks
- Fine Tip Paint Brush
- Glue two 36” sheets together side by side to create a 24” x 36” sheet.
- Cut 6” off one 24” end, this is the tombstone base. Use the foam cutter to cut uneven angles into the edges of the base to give the look of broken stone.
- Draw your desired tombstone shape on the 24 x 30” sheet with black marker. Cut out the shape with the foam cutter. Use scrap piece of foam as a sanding block to smooth the cut edges of the tombstone to give an aged look.
- Place the lettering on the tombstones, trace them with black marker and remove the letters. Sharpen the pencil only part way leaving about a 3/16” wide flat end on the pencil. The pencil end diameter depends on the width of the letters; you may want a thinner end for more intricate lettering. Use the end of the pencil as a punch to compress the foam down about 1/8” inside each of the letters. Glue the letters back into the indented spaces. Use the pencil punch to engrave details or to create cracks in the tombstone.
- Glue the tombstone to the center of the base, use wood picks between the pieces for a more secure bond.
- Spray paint the tombstone with the textured/stone finish of choice and let dry. Use the black acrylic paint to fill in the lettering, cracks and any fine detailing. Use black spray paint to shadow the lettering, cracks and fine detailing. Spray touches of moss green to age the tombstone.
- Spray entire tombstone with 2 coats of clear sealer.