Skill Level: Beginner
- foam Brand Foam:
- +Cones: 12”, (2) 9”
- Coordinating Colors/Sizes Ornaments
- Coordinating Colors/Styles Ribbon
- Mini-Tinsel Garland
- Floral Pins
- Pearl Head Pins
- Low-Temp Glue Gun & glue sticks
- To create the largest tree; Cut 3” from the wide end of one of the 9” cones (creating a 6” cone for the spiral tree). This is the base. Be sure that the base is cut straight so that your tree will stand up straight. Decorate the base with ribbons by gluing them vertically from the top to the bottom of the cone as shown. Glue the base to the bottom of the other 9” cone.
- Thread floral pins through the ornament hangers and pin to the top cone in rows of color (as shown) or in any pattern you wish, leaving about 2” in between each row of ornaments. If the ornaments do not have hangers on them, simply attach the ornament to the cone with low-temp glue.
- Pin one end of a ribbon to the cone. Make a small loop and pin again about 2” over from the last pin. Repeat to fill in between the rows of ornaments as shown. Use smaller ornaments to fill in any bare spots around the cone.
- To create the spiral tree; Pin one end of one style ribbon at the top of the cut 6” cone using a pearl head pin. Wrap it loosely, spiraling down the cone, bunching it together about every 3” and pinning to secure. Leave about a 2” space between the wraps. Repeat with a second style of ribbon, pinning it to the cone in between the wraps of the first ribbon. Glue ornaments evenly spaced around the entire cone and one to the very top with low-temp glue.
- To create the vertical striped tree; Cut 14” lengths of coordinating ribbons and pin them to the 12”cone from the top to the bottom, evenly spaced around the cone. The ribbons will overlap at the top of the cone and be spaced apart at the bottom. Cut lengths of mini-tinsel garland and pin in between the ribbons. Glue an ornament to the top of the cone with low-temp glue.