Trick or Treat Wall Art
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- (2) ½”x12”x36” Sheets - White
- Spray Paint:
- Foam Cutter or Serrated Knife
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Black Marker
- Using the foam cutter or serrated knife, cut 12” off the end of one 36” sheet to create a 12”x24” canvas for your sign. Spray paint this piece black. Be sure to hold the can at least 12” away from the foam applying light coats and let one coat dry before applying the next to achieve your desired shade. Applying too heavy of a coat at one time will melt the foam. Reserve the 12”x12” piece for a future project or create another sign.
- Hand drawing the bone patterns for the lettering is the best way to get the individual bones to look unique. It’s easy to draw the bones and you can use the black marker to draw them right onto the foam sheet to save time. The large bones used are about 4” long and 1.5” wide at the ends. The medium bones used are about 3” long and 1” wide at the ends and the small bones used are about 2” long and ¾” wide at the ends. This project uses 14 large bones, 17 medium bones and 7 small bones. For example; the “T’s” in TRICK and TREAT use two large bones. The “R’s” in TRICK and TREAT use one large bone and four medium bones. The “O” in OR uses four small bones.
- To draw the bones, measure and mark off 14 – 4” x 1.5” rectangles, 17 – 3”x1” rectangles and 7 – 2” x ¾” rectangles onto the foam sheet. Draw a heart in the end of each rectangle so that the points of the hearts point toward each other in the middle of the rectangle. Now draw two lines connecting the hearts together in the middle. The lines do not have to be straight and the hearts do not have to be perfect. That’s what makes to bones unique.
- Following the package instructions carefully, use the StyroCutter® to cut the bones out from the sheet.
- Once the bones are cut out, glue the letters together as shown. Spray paint the letters black and let dry.
- Arrange the letters on the black sheet and glue to secure in place. Spray the tops of the letters lightly with the white spray paint to highlight them as shown.