Turkey in the Mesh!
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- Make It: Fun® Foam Egg, 3 1/2" x 4 7/8"
- Design It:®
- Foam Cutter
- Floral Shears
- Wire Cutter
- Floral Pins
- Design It:® SimpleStyle® Decorative Mesh:
- Orange, 10" wide x 48" long
- Bronze, 10" wide x 2 yd. 2" long
- Design Master® ColorTool® spray color, Glossy Wood Tone
- 3/8" diameter brown buttons, two
- Straight pins with white bead heads, two
- 2" square yellow cardstock
- Clear bud vase (optional)
- Yellow Celosia floral bush (optional)
- Craft knife
- Old newspapers
- Large cardboard box (for spraying)
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Use Foam Cutter to trim off 2″ diameter slice from bottom of Foam Egg. In a well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area (inside cardboard box) spray egg Wood Tone. Let dry.
- Use Floral Shears to cut:
Orange Mesh: Six 8″ lengths (feathers)
Bronze Mesh: Five 8″ lengths (feathers), 14″ length (back pouf) and 20″ length (vase – optional)
- To make orange Mesh feather, place one 8″ x 10″ piece on table with cut edges on right and left. Starting at bottom left corner, roll and gather at a slight angle to create a long cone. Gather and hot glue 2″ from gathered end to hold. Repeat to make five more orange and five bronze Mesh feathers.
- Attach Mesh feathers starting at top back of egg with one orange and one bronze feather side by side. Secure with one Floral Pin in each. Trim bottoms of feathers as needed. Continue adding feathers, on either side, alternating colors. (Note: Feathers will fan out as you do down – be sure turkey can still set on table.)
- To make a pouf to cover pins on back, fold 14″ bronze piece to 7″ x 10″. Gather raw edges and glue. Use floral pin to attach at bottom back so that turkey can still set on table.
- Insert pins through buttons and attach eyes near top on front. From yellow cardstock, cut 1″ diamond shape for beak. Use craft knife to make horizontal slit under eyes and insert half of beak into slit. Hot glue to hold.
- Optional: Wrap 20″ length Mesh around flower stems and insert into vase to set next to turkey.
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
P.O. Box 601
Boulder, CO 80306