Turkey in the Mesh!
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® CraftFōM®:
- 5" Egg - White
- Decorative Mesh:
- 10" Orange
- 10" Bronze
- Spray Color - Glossy Wood Tone
- (2) 3/8" Buttons - Brown
- (2) Straight Pins with White Bead Heads
- 2" Square Cardstock - Yellow
- Clear Bud Vase (Optional)
- Yellow Celosia Floral Bush (Optional)
- Foam Cutter
- Floral Shears
- Wire Cutter
- Floral Pins
- Craft Knife
- Old Newspapers
- Large Cardboard Box (For Spraying)
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Use Foam Cutter to trim off 2″ diameter slice from bottom of Foam Egg. In a well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area (inside a cardboard box), spray egg Wood Tone. Let dry.
- Use Floral Shears to cut: Orange Mesh: Six 8″ lengths (feathers)Bronze Mesh: Five 8″ lengths (feathers), 14″ length (back pouf) and 20″ length (vase – optional)
- To make an orange Mesh feather, place one 8″ x 10″ piece on the table with cut edges on the right and left. Starting at the bottom left corner, roll and gather at a slight angle to create a long cone. Gather and hot glue 2″ from the gathered end to hold. Repeat to make five more orange and five bronze Mesh feathers.
- Attach Mesh feathers starting at the top back of the egg with one orange and one bronze feather side by side. Secure with one Floral Pin in each. Trim bottoms of feathers as needed. Continue adding feathers on either side, alternating colors. (Note: Feathers will fan out as you do down – be sure turkey can still be set on the table.)
- To make a pouf to cover pins on the back, fold a 14″ bronze piece to 7″ x 10″. Gather raw edges and glue. Use a floral pin to attach at the bottom back so the turkey can still be set on the table.
- Insert pins through buttons and attach eyes near the top on the front. From yellow cardstock, cut a 1″ diamond shape for the beak. Use a craft knife to make a horizontal slit under the eyes and insert half of beak into the slit. Hot glue to hold.
- Optional: Wrap 20″ length Mesh around flower stems and insert into the vase to set next to the turkey.