Welcome Back to School Wreath
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® Brand Products:
- FloraCraft® Foam Wreath, 14" x 2 1/2" x 2"
- *Back to School™ Collection, 12" x 12" ScrapbookPaper:" School Buses" and 4 sheets "Ruler Stripe".
- 2 1/2" tall chipboard letters to spell "WELCOME"
- *Elmer's® Painters® paint marker, fine tip, blue*
- *Elmer's® Craftbond® Glue spots, thin-small and thin-medium
- *Elmer's® Craftbond® Two - all purpose glue sticks
- 40 gram*12" rotary paper trimmer to cut paper even with edges of letters
- *12" x 12" self healing cutting mat
- *6" precision tip scissors
- *#11 craft knife
- Large paper clip
- wood ruler
- yellow pencil
- spiral notebook
- three crayons
- paint brush
- school glue stick
- Use paper trimmer to cut approx. 1″ x 9″ strips from four sheets “Ruler Stripe” paper, following along printed stripes. Note that to wrap wreath in paper strips, papers will slightly overlap along outside, but will overlap by about half the strips’ width on inside edge of wreath. This allows for even wrapping all around wreath. Apply glue stick to wreath, going all around wreath for several inches at a time. Wrap paper strip, with ends slightly overlapping on back. Continue going around wreath.
- For hanger, on top back, use craft knife to make 1/4″ long, shallow horizontal slit (about 1/4″ from inside edge of wreath). Carefully insert knife blade into slit, angled up toward top and remove. Slightly separate curved ends of paper clip 1/4″. Insert shorter rounded end up into slit, creating hanger loop with longer end of paper clips. (Glue if loose.)
- To cover letters, turn “School Buses” paper right side (yellow check) down on table. Apply glue stick to fronts of letters and place onto back of paper. Place paper on self healing cutting mat. Use precision tips scissors to cut apart letters. Then, use craft knife to cut paper even with edges of letters. Outline letters with blue paint marker. Let dry.
- Refer to photo to evenly place letters at top of wreath, keeping in mind position of hanger on back. With top 2/3 of letters extending beyond edge of wreath, use glue spots to attach.
- Use paint marker to write teacher’s name and class on first page of opened notebook. Refer to photo to plan placement of school items. Use appropriate size glue spots to attach.
- Optional: Tuck children’s school pictures among items on wreath.
*SOURCES for products as used for project in photo
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
The Paper Company™/ TPC Studio™
510 Ryerson Road
Lincoln Park, NJ 07035
Elmer’s® Products, Inc.
One Easton Oval
Columbus, OH 43219