Who-o Loves You?
Skill Level: Beginner
- FloraCraft® :
- Make It: Fun®
- ∙ Foam Heart, 1 1/2" x 7 1/2" x 8"
- ∙ Foam Tools
- Design It:® SimpleStyle® Wired Burlap Ribbon, 2 1/2" wide x 24" length, natural
- Design It:®
- ∙ Floral Shears
- Design Master® ColorTool® spray color, Antique Gold
- 12" x 12" scrapbook paper: aqua micro dot, pink with multi-color hearts, solid red (to match),
- solid pink cardstock and two red chevron print (or papers of your choice)
- Two 35 mm wiggle eyes
- 24" length of 5/8" wide aqua ribbon
- Aleene's® (iLoveToCreate®)
- ∙ Turbo Tacky Glue®
- ∙ Max Tacky Adhesive™ - Glue Stick
- Paper punches: 2" and 2 1/2" diameter (or hand cut circles)
- Old newspapers
- Large cardboard box (for spraying)
- Ruler, pencil
- Copy paper
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Use pencil to trace Foam Heart onto wrong side of each sheet chevron paper. (Note: Plan how to position hearts so that chevron print will run horizontally across hearts.) Use Floral Shears to cut them out. Set aside.
- In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area (inside box) lightly spray ends of Foam Heart with Antique Gold spray color. (This color is close to the burlap color and prevents the white Foam from showing through Burlap ribbon.) Let dry.
- Generously apply glue stick to one side of Foam Heart and attach one paper heart. Press and smooth. Repeat with other paper heart on other side of Foam.
- Use Floral Shears to trim wire off edges of 24″ length Wired Burlap Ribbon. Generously apply glue stick all around edge of heart. Align end of burlap ribbon into top crevice of heart and wrap, going all around heart and back to top crevice again. Trim as needed and use extra glue to attach slightly overlapped end. Fray both edges of burlap ribbon by carefully removing one or two strands.
- Refer to photo. For wing pattern, on copy paper, sketch a 4 1/2″ long heart. Then sketch one heart curve shorter than the other. Cut it out and set it on the foam owl body to check it. Trim or redraw as needed. When satisfied, trace heart onto pink multi-color heart paper. Flip over and trace another. Cut out using Floral Shears.
- Similarly, for foot pattern, sketch 2″ tall x 2 1/2″ wide heart on copy paper. Fold in half and cut out. Trace onto aqua micro-dot paper to make two feet.
- For eyes, use hole punches to make two 2″ circles from aqua micro-dot paper and two 2 1/2″ circles from pink cardstock. Use tacky glue to assemble eyes in layers with wiggle eyes on top. Refer to photo to position and glue eyes.
- For beak, from red paper, cut 1″ tall x 1 1/2″ wide triangle and fold in half. Glue edges of triangle and position with point down, just below eyes. Position and glue wings to side. Curl tops of feet hearts and glue point to bottom (burlap-covered) edge of Foam heart.
- For hanging ribbon, use pointed tool in Foam Tools to make 1/4″ deep hole in top crevice (centered) of foam heart. Squish one end of ribbon and insert into hole, apply glue in area to hold. (Note: Wait to hang owl until glue had completely dried.)
One Longfellow Place
Ludington, MI 49431
P.O. Box 601
Boulder, CO 80306
A Duncan Enterprises Company
5673 East Shields Ave.
Fresno, CA 93727